Having made the decision to get players like yourselves involved in the creation of the game right from day one, you’re finally going to get your hands on what we believe is truly the most technically-advanced, beautiful, intense, and authentic racing game there’s ever been! YOU’ve tested it, YOU’ve guided its direction telling us what features, cars, tracks and much more to put in, and ultimately YOU’ve been approving it at every step of the way so that it’s truly the racing game of your dreams.
For those wondering still why they should get Project CARS, here’s a quick rundown of what to expect…
- It’s got a huge variety of motorsports on offer. Our team are based in over 18 different countries so cars and car culture all mean something different to us all. For me, it’s growing up in the 80s with the Formula 1 days of Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna. For others it’s modern-day NASCAR, the German Touring scene, or European Endurance racing. So with Project CARS we wanted to ensure the cars in the game represented truly global motorsports with each of their rules and formats intact - we hope there’s something for everyone here
- Project CARS has the largest track roster of any recent racing game: locations from all around the world from Australia to Dubai to Belgium, Japan, US West Coast, and the UK we’ve packed in over 250 miles of tarmac - the equivalent of driving from Times Square, New York to The White House in Washington
- We’re all racing fans at Slightly Mad Studios and we’ve played many many racing games throughout our professional careers and private lives. Equally, the world we live in nowadays distracts us more than ever with other things to do. How many times have we sat on the couch watching television whilst also scrolling through our phones or browsing the web? As such, we wanted to give players of all ages, lifestyles, and experience a way to play Project CARS career mode at your own pace. As such, for a start all cars and tracks are unlocked from day one - no need to grind endlessly to access them any more. Secondly, you can start wherever you want! If you’ve played a football or basketball game recently this should feel right at home to you - you can jump straight into the equivalent of a Premiership club without starting down in the lower divisions if you want. Where’s the progression you say then?! Don’t worry - there’s plenty of things to unlock, earn, and receive in the form of Accolades, Historic Goals, Endorsements, Invitations, Contract Offers, and of course - PlayStation Trophies ;) So if you want to start at the bottom in Karting and work your way up to the Le Mans 24 Hour then you can do that! If you instead want to jump into some fast-paced Formula championship to win the title repeatedly you can do that also! The choice is yours and we can’t wait to see the paths you take!
- Once you’ve got some confidence in Career or Solo play, you’ll want to head online and test your mettle against others! We’ve listened to how you like to play and we’ve put in a few key features that we think will really help get you into games fast and with the right people. For a start you can make Public games where anyone can join and these use a countdown in the lobby to ensure no one single driver has dominant control. Alternatively you can make Friends Only games where just you and your friends can play. Here, one person is the Host so you can decide amongst yourselves when the race starts without the pressure of a countdown timer. Finally, you can make a game Invitation Only. Want to run a competition and invite the winners into a special race? You can do that! And you can set every session up exactly how you want - with AI filling in the blank spaces or not, with pre-race sessions like Qualifying or Warmups or Practice, and at any time of day and any weather condition. Got a friend that’s running late? You can even start a pre-race session and they can join in whenever they come online! You’ve really helped us understand throughout making Project CARS how you like play racing games online so we hope these features (and more!) make for a great experience
- Talking about weather and time of day there quickly - we’ve also included pit stops. Since both are completely dynamic (it can start raining at any time and you can start racing as the sun rises and finish it as it sets!) it was important for us to include pit stops so that you can adapt to the ever-changing conditions - change your tires to slicks or fix damage (yes, we’ve got full damage on all our cars!) - and also fully replicate endurance events and refuel your car. You can even save Pit Strategies for various scenarios or events, as well as create Tuning Setups for different locations or groups of location
- The Driver Network is our commitment to continuing our collaborative work with our community. You all helped make Project CARS and through the Driver Network you can share your proudest moments with photos and replays via the Share button, play asynchronously against each other in Time Trial mode complete with downloadable Driver Network Ghosts, and even compete in regularly-scheduled Community Events - sometimes even for real-world prizes! We’ll be collating all the cool moments you create on our YouTube, Facebook, and Flickr accounts so go check them out - we’ve already started!
- Lastly but by no means least, we’ve ensured that Project CARS is accessible, customisable, and tailored to each and everyone’s comfort and skill level with a huge amount of personalisation options: Project CARS supports a number of Thrustmaster wheels on PlayStation 4 as well as Remote Play. You can dial the handling to anything from a complete sim experience to something more casual. You can completely adjust the visual aesthetic of the game, toggling such things as camera shake at high speed, onscreen guides, HUD item positioning, sun flare and much much more. With Project CARS you’ll truly be able to make it your own
But enough of me talking - check out our new trailer below to see what gamers like yourselves have been making over the last few years and why we’re all excited here for you to get your hands on it…